Monday, July 23, 2007

July 23, 2007

Mom: Hi JP! What should we talk about today?

JP: Hmm. I know. What about Skateland?

Mom: Do you like Skateland?

JP: Yes!

Mom: What do you like most about Skateland?

JP: I like the new Graham's house.

Mom: What do you mean the Graham's house? Do you mean the bounce house?

JP: Yes. Graham's going to love it.

(We have a buddy named Graham but we have never been at Skateland with him. We have never done the bounce house at Skateland with him.)

Mom: Did you jump on the bounce house?

JP: Yes. But I jumped on the floor and I did the slide and climbed and I slide down and I ran out of the slide.

Mom: Did you do it a second time?

JP: Yes, I did it first, second, third.

Mom; Did you do it 3 times that day with Kristine?

JP: Yeah.

Mom: I don't remember that. (I really don't think he did it 3 times! I don't remember but we are talking about something that happened in April. He recently watched home videos from April so we are currently reliving this event...over and over again!)

JP: Yes. I did.

Mom: We only have movie of you doing it that one time.

JP: Yes. I know.

Mom: Are you sure you did it again?

JP: Yeah.

Mom: I'm not sure I believe. Are you fibbing?

JP: Ye..., no! I am a big boy not a fibber.

Mom: Well, big boys fib sometimes too. Fibbing just means that you aren't telling the truth. Sometimes big people even fib.

JP: Oh! No, Mom!

Mom: Are you telling me the truth? Did you do the slide again?

JP: Hee Hee! Yes. Mommy!

Mom: Hmm. Maybe I just didn't video tape it.

JP: Silly Mom!

Mom: Do you like to roller skate at Skateland?

JP: I think I am to tired to skate. Ha ha! (Big boisterous fake laughs- attempt at avoidance)

Mom: I think next time we go we will try to skate. Do you remember skating at OT2 with Mrs. Chris?

JP: Maybe I can skate by Graham's house.

Mom: What is the Grahams house?

JP: The Graham's house by the slide.

Mom: What does it look like?

JP: It is like very big!

Mom: What color is it? (Skateland's was green)

JP: It is green.

Mom: Why do you call it Graham's house?

JP: Because its very big.

Mom: Are you calling it "Grand" house or Graham like Mrs. Becca's boy?

JP: A Graham house like Mrs. Becca's boy.

Mom: But I don't think we have ever been there with Graham. Have we?

JP: Well, maybe.

Mom: Oh, we did go to the pizza place with Graham. Is that were you remember a bounce house with Graham?

JP: Ha! (fake laugh) No Mom. I think we went to Skateland.

Mom: Well, Mommy is confused.

JP: Silly Mommy! You are supposed to not be confused!

Mom: But I am. Why do you call it Grahams house?

JP: Because it is very big.

Mom: Is it a Grand house?

JP: I think it is a Graham house.

Mom: Okay. We'll figure that out later. I want to talk about Kindergarten.

JP: Not, kindergarten. Because kindergarten is just dangerous.

Mom: Dangerous? Why is it dangerous?

JP: Because like finding good food.

Mom: Is there good food at Kindergarten?

JP: Yes, but it is just dangerous.

Mom: What is dangerous about it?

JP: Because dangerous is scary. To run away. Run away is hard. Run. Run.

Mom: Are you a little scared about Kindergten?

JP: Well. I'm okay at kindergarten.

Mom: Because it okay to be scared. You know what. Mommy was scared when she started kindergarten.

JP: You don't need to be scared. Are you going to be happy at kindergarten?

Mom: Well, I started out a little bit scared but I did get happy. I loved kindergarten. I liked learning new things and doing art and playing with the other kids (I'm lying through my teeth here) What do you think you will like most.

JP: At kindergarten you don't need to be scared. You don't need to be scared mommy!

Mom: What do you think you will like most about kindergarten.

JP: I'm going to try games.

Mom: Games, cool. Which ones?

JP: At Brymentary school.

Mom: Do you remember your teachers name?

JP: Yes. Whose the teachers name?

Mom: It is Mrs. A, remember? Do you want to see a picture of her?

JP: Yeah.

(looks at picture)

JP: Look! There is Mrs. A.

Mom: Wow. She sure looks fun, doesn't she.

JP: Yeah, I know.

Mom: Do you remember Mrs. M? (speech path)

JP: Yes. He's at Brymentary school

Mom: Yes, she is. she was also with you at Kindergarten Roundup, wasn't she!

JP: Yes.

Mom: Did she help you a lot?

JP: Yes we went there that night.

Mom: Do you remember playing cars at Roundup with Devin?

JP: Yeah.

Mom: Is Devin one of your new friends?

(silence)

Mom: Did Devin ask you to be friends?

JP: Yes.

Mom: What did you tell him?

(JP yelled boo at him. This was all in my post about Kindergarten Roundup)

JP: I tell him...........................about time.

Mom: Really? You know if someone asks you to be their friend. You could say, "Sure, let's go play."

JP: Okay. Let's play the computer.

Mom: Yeah, I suppose I did promise you that you could play NickJr after we made words. You have done a good job talking to Mommy. Thanks JP!

JP: Yeah. Okay Mommy. You are done.

No comments: