Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 25, 2007

Mom: Hey Fred! How are you today?

JP: I feel great!

Mom: Great, huh! That is new. How come you feel so great?

JP: Because I am so happy!

Mom: You are happy?

JP: Yeahsss.

Mom: Are you happy because you had fun at Jump Start?

(Mostly he is happy because I agreed we could paint the train we bought this weekend. We mixed the mold yesterday but then had to wait for it to dry. I told him we could paint as soon as we make words on the computer. It is a little weird to be topping a reinforcer with a reinforcer!)
JP: Yeah.

Mom: What did you do at school today?

JP: I did recess and recess.

Mom: You had two recesses!

JP: Yeah!

Mom: Was one on the big playground?

JP: Yeah. And the little playground.

Mom: Do you like the big or little playground best?

JP: The big playground.

Mom: What kind of cool stuff do they have there?

JP: Swings and slides and a board to walk on.

Mom: Did you walk on the board?

JP: Yes, I had walked around.

Mom: You walked around the board?

JP: Yes.

Mom: Did some of the other kids walk on top of the board?

JP: Yeah. Yesterday they all was rushing around.

Mom: What do you do when you are on the little playground?

JP: Well. I went on the slide carefully.

Mom: Was it a straight slide or a curvy slide?

JP: It's a straight slide.

Mom: Did you go fast or slow down it?

JP: Fast.

Mom: Did the other kids do the slide too?

JP: Yeah. They did that at the farm.

(His recent fixation is watching home videos from April. This is when we did our field trip to the farm. He is proudly watching himself go down the slide into the pile of hay. We have visited this farm 3 times. This time he refused to do the slide again. I persuaded him to do it so I could make a movie of JP going down the slide. He has now watched it 1000 times and talks like this is his favorite slide in the world!)

Mom; But did they also do it at school today?

JP: Yes.

Mom: Is it hot or cold at recess?

JP: Hot.

(During recess on the small playground he covered his ears most of the time. When his teachers asked what was wrong he said he was trying to get cold. This playground has less shade so it is hotter. They couldn't really figure out what was his real issue. It didn't appear to be any louder and he didn't complain about any noises. ????)

Mom: Were you upset because it was too hot today?

JP: Well, I was frightened. Well, the whistle blowed and I ran up the sidewalk and headed up the hill.

Mom: Was the whistle loud.

JP: Yeah.

Mom: Did you cry?

JP: But I didn't.

Mom: Well, that is good. Were you kind of scared though?

JP: But I wasn't. I was afraid and I run up the sidewalk and into my teacher.

Mom: Well, that is fabulous because that is what you are supposed to do when the whistle blows. Can you tell me what do you do when the whistles blows?

JP: I chased him up the hill.

Mom: When the whistle blows that means recess is over and all the children are supposed to line up to go back inside. Right?

JP: Yeah! That would be too fast!

Mom: Was recess too short? Did you want it to be longer?

JP: Yeah.

Mom: Did you play with any children today?

JP: Yeah.

Mom: Who did you play with?

(I have not prior information on this. His teachers did not mention any playmates.)

JP: Hmm. Maybe I played with (sounds like Ronald) McDonald.

Mom: Huh, Ronald McDonald was at school?

JP: Huh uh, I said (****) McDonald.

Mom: Huh? Is it a boy or a girl?

JP: Girl.

Mom: So it is a girl named something McDonald? Was her name Hannah McDonald?

JP: I think it was (****) McDonald. I said pick up the sock and blow up.

Mom: You said that to (****) McDonald?

JP: Well, I said that to the monster. It had a human sock stuck on my head.

Mom: Oh, did they have to call in the special agents to give you a special shower?

JP: Well, I did a magic word. The magic word is agents from the child protection agency pick up the sock and blow it up.

Mom: JP, did you listen to Monsters Inc last night too?

JP: Well, I was listening to that at night.

Mom: Last night?

JP: Yeah.

(JP was coming into our room as early as 1am so we gave him a talk about going back to sleep in his own room. Then he woke up the next night sobbing for Daddy. The last several nights he appears to get up in the middle of the night and turn off his music. He puts back in his CD Storybooks. The problem is that he then stays awake listening to them. For the past three nights I have found Bob the Builder back in his CD Player. This morning Bob was in there again. However, he is scripting from Monster's Inc. That means that he also listened to his Disney CD as well! That is atleast 2 hours of listening! I am getting a little nervous about him being wide awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night and my not knowing it!!!!)

Mom: Did you listen to that and bob the builder?

JP: Yeah.

Mom: Did you ever sleep last night?

JP: Yes. Let's make a train.

Mom: Oh, should we go paint your train that we made yesterday.

JP: Yeah (with an exaggerated head nod)

Mom: Okay, but I need you to run upstairs and change your clothes first.

JP: Okay, Mommy.

(What do you know...some things you don't have to say twice!)

No comments: